Monday 30 November 2009

Inspiration; an odd contraption

After having been stuck with how to properly proceed with my dissertation (deadline in 19 days time now) I was absent mindedly trawling around last.fm as usual when I remembered that the other day I saw a Tumblr. entry, (thanks christmasonthemoon) that mentioned Avey Tare's love for Texas Chain Saw Massacre. In trying to find the quote in order to laugh about how even my dissertation has become hipster I happened across the accompanying picture; a freeze frame from the movie.

This freeze frame in fact -



This photograph alone completely changed the content of my essay and several ideas, with sources to back them up, came flooding into my head. I've now got as many of them as I've been able to down on paper but I have lost some amidst sleep last night.

But, the moral of this story is that some times, some times, procastination is work's best friend.

2 comments:

  1. I find your investigation skills quite hilarious, hi5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. My essay question was totally different but I wasn't sure what angle to take. As it has now been slightly ammended I feel really confident of being able to take it forward.

    BUT I need to actually get round to writing the fuckkkkkerrrr.

    ReplyDelete