Friday 20 November 2009

Music - a universal language

Okay, so some times it can be fun to take a song you like with lyrics you know and enjoy and then see what is lost in translation.

Well, most normal people have probably never tried it. But I find it soothing.

Take The Beatles - I Am The Walrus for example;

Here are the original lyrics: (Taken from some shitty site, mind)

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
I'm crying.

Sitting on a bench, waiting for the bus to come.
Corporation t-shirts, stupid bloody Tuesday.
You've been a naughty boy, you let your hair grow long.
I am eating eggs, they are eating eggs, I am the Walrus,
Goo goo ga joob.

Mister City P'liceman sitting
Pretty little girls in a row.
See how they fly like a plane in the Sky, see how they fly.
I'm crying.
I'm cry, I'm crying, I'm cry.

Yellow custard, dripping from a large black pot.
Fisherman with his fishwife,
You've been a naughty boy and you let your face get dirty.
I am eatting eggs (woo), they are eatting eggs (woo), I am the Walrus,
Goo goo ga joob.

Sitting in an English garden waiting for the sun.
If the sun don't come, you get wet from
Sitting in the English rain.
I am eating eggs, they are eating eggs, I am The Walrus,
goo goo gajoob ga goo goo gajoob.

Expert singers, choking smokers
Don't you think the joker laughs at you? (ho ho ho, he he he, ha ha ha)
See how they snort like pigs in a sty, see how they snide.
I'm crying.

Eleanor Rigby, climbing up the stairs.
Expert singers singing Hare Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them reading Edgar Allan Poe.
I am eatting eggs, they are eatting eggs, I the Walrus,
Goo goo gajoob ga goo goo ga joob
(everybody ho ha everybody ho ha!)


I ran it through Spanish (European) on FreeTranslation.com

Here it is in Spanish;

Soy él como usted es él como usted me es y somos todo juntos. Vea cómo ellos corren como puercos de un fusil, vean cómo ellos vuelan. Lloro.

Sentar en un banco, esperando el autobús para venir. Las camisetas de la corporación, el martes sangriento estúpido. Usted ha sido un chico travieso, usted permite que el pelo crezca largo. Como huevos, ellos comen huevos, yo soy John Lennon, joob de ga de sustancia pegajosa de Sustancia Pegajosa.

La Ciudad del señor que sienta a niñas Bonitas en una fila. Vea cómo ellos vuelan como un avión en el Cielo, vean cómo ellos vuelan. Lloro. Soy grito, yo lloro, soy grito.

El flan amarillo, goteando de un bote negro grande. El pescador con su pescadera, Usted ha sido un chico travieso y usted permite que la cara se ponga sucia. Como huevos (corteja), ellos comen
huevos (corteja), soy John Lennon, joob de ga de sustancia pegajosa de Sustancia Pegajosa.

Sentar en un jardín inglés que espera el sol. Si el sol no viene, usted moja de Sentar en la lluvia inglesa. Como huevos, ellos comen
huevos, yo soy John Lennon, gajoob de sustancia pegajosa de sustancia pegajosa de ga de gajoob de sustancia pegajosa de sustancia
pegajosa.

¿Los cantantes expertos, estrangulándose a fumadores Hacen no usted piensa las risas de bromista en usted? (Ho de
ho de ho, él él él, ah ah ah) Ve cómo ellos bufan como puercos en una pocilga, vean cómo ellos falsificación.
Lloro.

Eleanor Rigby, subiendo la escalera. Los cantantes expertos que cantan Liebre Krishna. El hombre, usted debe haber visto ellos leyendo Edgar Allan Poe. ¡Como huevos, ellos comen huevos, yo John Lennon, joob de ga de sustancia pegajosa de sustancia pegajosa de ga de gajoob de sustancia
pegajosa de Sustancia Pegajosa (todos ho ah todos ho ah)!

and finally, translate the translation back from Spanish (European) to English and we get...

I am he as you are he like you is myself and we are all at once. See how do they run as pigs of a rifle, they see how they fly. I cry.

Sitting down in a bank, expecting the bus to come. The undershirts of the corporation, Tuesday bloody stupid. You have been a mischievous boy, you permit that the hair grow long. As eggs, they eat eggs, I I am John Lennon, joob of ga of sticky substance of Sticky Substance.

The City of the Mister that sits down Pretty girls in a row. See how do they fly like an airplane in the Sky, they see how they fly. I cry. I am shout, I cry, I am shout.

The yellow custard, dripping of a large black rowboat. The fisherman with its pescadera, You have been a mischievous boy and you permit that the face be put dirty. As eggs (courts), they eat eggs (courts), I am John Lennon, joob of ga of sticky substance of Sticky Substance.

Sitting down in an English garden that expects the sun. If the sun does not come, you wet to Sit down in the English rain. As eggs, they eat eggs, I I am John Lennon, gajoob of sticky substance of
sticky substance of ga of gajoob of sticky substance of sticky substance.

The expert singers, being strangled smokers Do do not you think the laughters of joker in you? (Ho of ho of ho, he he he, oh oh oh) Sees how do they snort like pigs in a pigsty, they
see how they forgery. I cry.

Eleanor Rigby, rising the stair. The expert singers that sing Hare Krishna. The man, you must have seen they reading Edgar Allan Poe. As eggs, they eat eggs, I John Lennon, joob of ga of sticky substance of sticky substance of ga of gajoob of sticky substance of Sticky Substance (all ho oh all ho oh)!

4 comments:

  1. pro-click: http://translationparty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lloyd Cole's brain and face is made out of cow-pat - we all know that and herewith is an instrumental track

    >

    Pat beef brain and face Roidokoru - Insutourumentarutorakku is surrounded by people who know

    ReplyDelete
  3. this website needs its own update, by the way.

    Sometimes life leaves a hundred-dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you

    >

    100 when, wearing a dress, leaves considerable confusion in order to achieve the life of dollar bills

    >

    One dress, one, one hundred dollar bills, leaves a lot of confusion in order to achieve a life

    >

    In the year 1100 to achieve one dress, one leaves one confused a lot of dollar bills in life


    it's so fucking profound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. engrish spam

    We are in the autumn, when this white instead of black men in the north, there is a story. Tall. Contact. Please. Please please sex. Please please. Please please do not send. We are frigid stars. We "spitter" cup, Koppuautosunappu, if from heaven.

    ReplyDelete