Wednesday 25 November 2009

Oh. My. God.

These New Puritans - We Want War is one of THE greatest songs I have heard in a long time. It is absolutely massive. Every thing in this song is huge, especially the drums. I'm talking huger than the drums in Brother Sport by Animal Collective.

On their website, TNPS did state they were using huge Japanese drums on the album. Now I really cannot wait until January for their album to drop. I am already anticipating one of the best albums of next year.

I am genuinely breathtaken by the fact a band this amazing and inventive has come out of Southend. Their debut album is fantastic and all, but in comparison to We Want War it seems like a simple indie pop album. The loops and electronics seem to have taken a back seat as they genuinely get tribal. The sound of the song fits the name so well and if the rest of the album is anything like We Want War it is going to get a trillion plays and may even outshine The Knife's upcoming material. Fancy that.

Everyone needs to hear this band for real.

3 comments:

  1. If Animal Collective stayed up all night playing Bioshock then decided to make a song about war using big old Japanese drums it'd probably sound like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm investigating this bitch.

    ReplyDelete